Welcome to Episode #3 of The Whisky Guy Podcast!
It’s Whisky Wednesday – let’s enjoy a dram
Thanks Stephen from Seattle for leaving a voicemail – I hope you enjoyed that Ardbeg Uigeadail!
Thanks again listeners!
Your feedback on The Whisky Guy Podcast has been great – and now’s your chance to help The Whisky Guy Podcast! Please leave a 5-Star Rating and a 10-Word Review through iTunes or the Podcast app on your iPhone or iPad to get more eyes to the podcast. More eyes means more listeners and that keeps The Whisky Guy Podcast on for a long time to come.
Interview with Richard Crawford; Founder Richard Crawford Luxury
- Richard and I met while representing whiskies at events
- Grew up in Scotland
- Family was in the whisk(e)y industry
- Worked with Glenlivet for 6+ years
- Transitioned into Richard Crawford Luxury
- “People who are into Scotch Whisky can’t really be labeled Scotch Whisky Drinkers; the whisky is a part of a bigger life that they would like to experience”
- “The story (of the whisky lifestyle) isn’t about what something costs, it’s about appreciating what it is”
- When you want access to brands or products, do be afraid to ask
- Richard’s Top Whiskies:
- Web: Richard Crawford Luxury
- Facebook: Richard Crawford Luxury on Facebook
- Twitter: Richard Crawford Luxury on Twitter
- Email: Richard(at)RichardCrawfordLuxury.com
Tasting Notes: Yamazaki 18yr
Appearance: Deep, Dark Amber
Nose: Lots of fruit – golden raisins and wine, maybe a hint of sulphur
Flavor: Sharp, spicy, tingly salt brine, with hints of fruit
Finish: Long and warm with some spice that transitions to fruit
Diluted: Mouth feel brings sharpness and citrus oil to the aroma, and cracked grains. Mouth feel thickens but less flavor. Finish is shorter, but keeps the sharpness.
Leave The Whisky Guy a Voicemail!
Be featured in a future episode. Questions? Comments? Find some suggestions or get creative and have fun – all the details at http://TheWhiskyGuy.com/voicemail
Next Week – Will Maschmeier from 3 Howls Distillery, talking about his whiskies and the challenges of a start-up distillery.
Subscribe to The Whisky Guy Podcast!
Also available on the Windows Phone Podcast Catalog
Receive a FREE link to download How To Taste Whisk(e)y, an eBook by The Whisky Guy, by subscribing to The Whisky Guy Newsletter